Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Today I Hate Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #1887 (permalink)
RagJuice Crew

Have you tried going to a physiotherapist rather than a chiropractor Chomps? A good one, not someone who'll just massage the problem area and temporarily relieve the pain. Someone who can diagnose the problem (not necessarily the cause) and fix it, not just relieve it.

I had back trouble for years - at worst I couldn't get down the stairs unaided. Tried everything* to no avail. Finally found a physio who came recommended who said in the first session "don't know what caused it, but here's what's happening and how bad it's gotten, here's how we're going to address, and here's how you're going to stop it happening again". Each session was about five minutes of massage to help relieve it, and the rest was stretches, tests and showing me exercises and making sure I was doing them right. Long story short it worked.

* yes, including accupuncture - it worked for plenty of people I know, it did jack squat for me
RagJuice Crew is offline   Reply With Quote