Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - leg burning
Thread: leg burning
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
--weezl--

Default leg burning

hey everyone, second post on the forum, hoping to get a little help on my issue...

first, I found this thread which is basically the same problem, but the solutions I don't think fit the bill for me...

I have been riding on and off for the last 6-7 years, taking the last 2 full seasons off. Today was my second day this season, and I noticed that my rear leg was on fire while riding! I know that most of aches and pains are a result of improper adjustment/setting/tightening of equipment, but can't remember how to fix this one... I ride goofy btw,

I have two setups, the first is an old santacruz tricore board, in a h 153-sc 3x wide (not sure what the h and sc mean) it's a little bit of an odd board, it has a labeled "backside" instead of a designated tip and tail... anyways, the left binding is in the center holes, and turned rearward 9* and the right is all the way forward, i believe (4 holes showing between it and the center of the board) and is turned about 8* forward. This is a board I don't care about, and use in the park or early season when there are lots of rocks. this one has cheap no name brand bindings on it

second board is a k2 turbo dream in a 163 wide, both bindings are pretty close to the center holes, I can't see any holes in front of, or behind either binding, and the width feels about the same as the other board. the left binding (rear) is at 3* towards the tip, and the front binding is 33* towards the tip. This board is used for good conditions, downhill, speed and big powder days the bindings on it are burton cartel, and have adjustable highback angle, I have them set to F1, which is the most upright, I believe.

I noticed the burning in my left leg last week, and just chocked it up to being out of practice, didn't really pay much attention to it, and I was using the santacruz. Today, I was riding the K2 all day, and I noticed it starting on the second or third run, and got worse and worse all day, the conditions were marginal, hard packed/groomed runs, the pain went away slightly when carving toe edge, and went away entirely when I got on the chair lift and wasn't going down hill, also if I was going slow, and shifted my weight onto my forward foot.

I'm pretty sure this is a binding/stance issue, maybe my body has changed in the last 3 years and doesn't like how i've got it set up now? I'm in ok shape, not significantly over weight, I do a fair amount of walking at work, and I rock climb a few times a week, which is actually more than I did for exercise any of the other times i've been boarding (or that period of time)

any suggestions? I am happy to try as many as you've got, provided i've got the time!

btw, before it's suggested, i hate wall sits, so that'll be the last thing I try
--weezl-- is offline   Reply With Quote