Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Today I Hate Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #1889 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
+1. Or a Naptrapath (a good one). Has helped me immensely.

Oh, and Chomps: Get a proper health checkup... Not to be the bringer of bad news, but shooting pains usually means a hiernated disc. Or worse.
Yup! That's what I'm afraid of at this point. asked the Chiro that very ? and he said I had swelling and a bruised disk but not herniated. I don't know how he came to that conclusion as I understood that an MRI is the only definitive way to detect a herniated disk.

Missed work yesterday, and looking like today is a no go as well! Not to mention at this point, I'm about 80% certain that my snowboarding vacation next week is out! FML again!!!!

I'm good and pain free lying down, but as soon as I get vertical load on my spine, I'm in pain. Sitting, standing whatever. If I put my hands down on a countertop or chair, and take even a slight bit of the vert load off my spine, the pain goes away.

So I'm fairly certain at this point that this is more serious than any past back trouble I've had! I hope this isn't the end of my season!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote