Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help to get the perfect board
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
rawlpluks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyft View Post
If you like the "floating" aspect of carving in powder, it may be worth looking into a more hybrid/flying-v oriented board than a full camber model.

The rocker/reverse-camber will definitely enhance that floating feeling, but at the potential risk of losing some overall control, depending on the type of snow you ride. I've found that Burton's flying-v models offer a lighter, more playful feel than the stiffer camber counterparts, which tend to feature greater edge hold for hard-packed or icy conditions.

If you ride in ideal conditions most of the time, I think going flying-V is a good route, since you'll benefit from the rocker with minimal exposure to its drawbacks. However, if you spend a lot of time on hard-packed snow or ice, then definitely stick with a full camber board.

And if you're getting your first real setup, don't forget a helmet! .
Thanks for the advice. I do already have both helmet and a back-shield (?).
As i mentioned, I sadly do not get to ride as much in powder as I would like. Seem 70% of the time (or more) is spent on the "groomers (?), the normal prepared areas where people ride. And, this part is, in my experience, often a little frozen (Davos, Skt Anton, Val Disere etc)
rawlpluks is offline   Reply With Quote