Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help to get the perfect board
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
nsrider121

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldylox View Post
I am the same weight.

You should be on a regular cambered snowboard. Med-Stiffer flex and damp. Probably something around 164cm. Of the boards you mentioned, I'd pick the Custom X.

You may also want to look into an all-mountain alpine board with hard boots. They are much easier to find/demo in Europe. I just made that move. It is a lot of fun. Carves are much more powerful.
My only gripe with this advice is that it seems like quite a large jump from rentals. But if you truly are a strong carver with great technique there would be nothing wrong with it.

Also, in my opinion, cambered boards just arnt nearly as fun or easy to ride in powder. I know you dont ride a lot of it, but its nice to have a board that comfortable in multiple terrain types.

I'm probably being a bit biased because its the only Burton board I'd like to try, and top 5 of any board on the market that id like to try, but the Landlord could work well, especially if you want to take it on a heli trip.

Heres a quick rundown on the landlord. 2014 Burton Landlord Snowboard Review - The-House.com - YouTube
nsrider121 is offline   Reply With Quote