Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - custom 156 or 151cm ??
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
d-prostylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3iiipu View Post
reading above...

i can do ollies...but still trying to perfect it...

i do feel that my 154 is a bit too stiff torsionally...i was trying to learn carving but i seem to have hard time initiating turns with lead foot. Would it have been better if i went for a longer board?
would making my stance distance smaller/wider help?
I would try playing around with your stance to get what feels right and also the angle of your bindings. When I first bought the board I used the reference points and had some trouble controlling the board. I've widened my stance a little since then and since I don't ride much powder moved the front foot up towards the nose a little [to me the standard stance on the board seems a little set-back]. (i ride duck and still can get some decent carve action going on although alpine stance is the best for carving and will help you make some beautiful lines on the mountain...)

Teaching someone how to carve via text/email is difficult. Send me an email and I'll send you a snowboard exam I took (and the answers) that explains some basic concepts [flexion/tension, camber, etc]. I'll try to think about how best to arrange the information to explain carving in an email as well when I have more time to write.