Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another splitboard thread
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noreaster

Default Another splitboard thread

In the past couple of years I found myself venturing into backcountry more and more, mostly on borrowed setups. I'm thinking it's time I should get my own. So far I've been able to demo only a few splitboards, and only one of them women specific - B-pro split. Also an SL, Abacus and just today - another women's board, a Solution. I was expecting great things from the Jones, because I definitely have a thing for that brand and was surprisingly underwhelmed at how it handled powder.

Perhaps, out of all those I tried SL made the best impression. Still, at 154 it is a tad long. I'm a pretty small woman (5'4, 110lbs), and even though I demo larger, wider men's boards all the time and always have a select few in my quiver I wouldn't want to go over 152 with split because I like to jump, spin and have a better control of the board in the bc. I also ride switch maybe half of the time. I would have loved to get my hands on a Billy Goat but I think the smallest they come at is 159 if I'm not mistaken so that idea is moot. Anyway, suggestions from pros on possible candidacies would be appreciated.

I've been pretty happy with Voile hardware and skins, but I've never really tried anything else so open to suggestions there too.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote