Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle Crack???
Thread: Goggle Crack???
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoardChitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
well I believe most goggles the inner lens is the anti-fogging layer you can probably still wear them but if moisture gets in the space through the crack it might actually start fogging up in between then lenses.
^^^Pretty sure this is the real issue. Most goggles are doubled lens - and the interior lens is always the anti-fog which generally/supposedly you aren't even supposed to touch once.

I don't know what the case is tho with those particular Electrics. I just wear Oakley A-Frames, and I know the interior lens is the most important - if I cracked that, I would get a new pair no doubt. I know Oakley got bought out recently, so I don't know if there is any new tech out these days that they use or other co's, where you could actually fix a cracked lens.

Some of these goggles you can actually put in a new lens even tho they are not interchangeable, and other pairs like the A-frames - you need a whole new goggle since the lens is made within the goggle frame.

I'd prob just get a new pair man.. good sales are going on at the outlet at evo.com

'13 Bataleon - Omni 158
'97 Ride - Timeless 155
BoardChitless is offline   Reply With Quote