Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another "first board" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
KayZ

Talking Another "first board" thread

Spent the real dough on boots like people have advised me to do, they fit like a glove. Got a 12 size Ride anthem (5 stiff).

On to the board question: basically my uses will be piste & terrain/park, about 60/40 of the time respectively.

I am currently using a friends borrowed Park Pickle GNU and GOD I LOVE THIS BOARD. Compared to every rental i've had this is like heaving. Crisp initiation on all turns, carving feels as stable as i could imagine it, and as opposed to my rentals I've never even come close to catching an edge - feel the phenomenon approaching at high speeds when i flat foot and can get on an edge just at the right time to fix. Pop feels great and even with my sloppy landings on my practices off of terrain park hops I manage to land and not get blown the hell away.

I believe it is a 2009 Park Pickle GNU, 156 cm.

I am ~195 lbs 6'4, my set up is usually either 15 -15 or 20 -20. I want to make sure whatever board I get doesnt generate toe drag (the boot is size 12).

Any input will be much appreciated.
KayZ is offline   Reply With Quote