Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board
Thread: New board
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
jimbo1

Default New board

Hi guys, I am new here and looking for advice on a new stick. I have been snowboarding for many years on and off, but I have 0 days the last 3 years due to living in the Netherlands. I am 5'10'' and weigh 168 pounds and I would say I am an advanced rider who enjoys pow, tree lines, natural features and when that's not possible I just want to have fun around the mountain; almost no park, no hard charging.

My last board was a Flow Strike, which is really banged up so I am looking to replace it. I will keep my old bindings and boots which are Raiden Blackhawks and Northwave Legends respectively. I was initially eyeying the K2 Raygun which should be similar flex wise to my old board and plus is a rocker which is something I want to try, but I am having second thoughts now and thinking that maybe I should be looking at something a bit more advanced (I found some good deals for Capita DOA or Ride Machete for example). Thing is that the best case scenario for me is two trips of 5-6 days max per year, so I am not sure if it is worth it and I should just stick with a Raygun.

What would you do? Any other suggestions for boards that would suit me?
jimbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote