Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Diet, alcohol, drugs, Cigs and Lifetstyle Changes...???
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Taylor_Gang

Default Diet, alcohol, drugs, Cigs and Lifetstyle Changes...???

Anyone here give up alcohol, drugs, cigs or changed their diet because they know its BEST for them if they want to continue to snowboard at their best potential...???

I have always been an advocate of a healthy lifestyle...especially if your serious about being an athlete that loves what they do. I have never drank while snowboarding in my 5-6 seasons BUT...I do casually drink when I go out with friends to a party or club. I "barely" smoke pot and I am a casual/social cig smoker. I smoke when I drink or when I hang out with people that smoke.

I have always tried to eat WHOLE/REAL FOODS and stay away from processed foods as much as I can.

BUT...In the last 3-4 years or so. I have been PARTYING WAY TOO MUCH. Drinking and Smoking too much. I did not take care of my diet...and ULTIMATELY my riding and health SUFFERED because of it. I am looking to get back into being HEALTHY and motivated for snowboarding and making the right choices and lifestyle change.

Another Question:

If your obviously doing something (snowboarding or any sport for that matter) recreationally and not as a career or profession...Is it "ok" to indulge in life's guilty pleasures than...???

I guess it depends on how you were raised, your personality and your character that depends on what your choices are both on and off the snow.

Thanks.
Taylor_Gang is offline   Reply With Quote