Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First board - skill level?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
snoopy7548

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
That's very different from something like the hot knife. Good boards that are under $400 that would be as easy to handle as the Trickstick would be somethig like the

GNU carbon credit
K2 raygun
Arbor coda

My concern would be learning on a full rocker or catch free type board and then wanting to switch to something with more camber or all camber. It might be quicker to learn on a full camber board like most everyone that has been snowboarding for 5+ years has done, and then decide if you want to go hybrid or not.

So on that note maybe a hot knife would be better for you since it has a lot more camber, but don't expect to be able to ride it like you did the rossiginal right away.
Yeah, I'm prepared to "start over" in the sense that going from a rocker to a camber would be a big change, but I think a camber would suit my future needs better. I've only invested 2 hours learning on the Rossignol, so it's not a huge deal for me to get my ass kicked again.

I have to admit I had my heart set on the Hot Knife because it meets all my requirements and it's not too expensive. I'm planning on going to a board shop tomorrow so I'll see what they recommend.
snoopy7548 is offline   Reply With Quote