Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Time For A New Board
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
SurfLBI

Default Time For A New Board

Hi, I was just looking for some feedback on a new board purchase. Background is as follows:

I'm 5'9" 158lbs and wear a size 9.5 boot. I'm 42 and have been skating since I was five and surfing since I was 13. I picked riding up quickly at the age of 29. I've owned one board, a Supermodel 162 that I bought back in like 1998 on my second trip to VT. I knew I was hooked.

I've been out west 4X and am comfortable in pretty much all types of terrain. The snowboard went on the shelf for about 6 or 7 years while my wife and I started a family. Now the kids have gone several times and totally have the bug and dad needs a new stick.

I've been looking at the Burton Custom or Custom X. I also like the look of the Jones Flagship and Aviator models. I'm guessing that I'm going to be spending some time in the park since that seems to be where the kids want to go. I've I always liked bombing mountains, going as fast as I can top to bottom and maximizing the number of runs I get per day. I have no problem with the halfpipe or jumps but will be probably be steering clear of the rails since I can't afford to sustain a serious injury.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on these selections. Also, if you have a binding that you like, please let me know. My current board has these old Sims bindings that actually work well and are comfortable but are chewing up these new boots that I bought (Burton XIII). Any feedback is appreciated. Although I do plan to get back out west, most riding will take place on the east coast.

Thanks,
Bob
SurfLBI is offline   Reply With Quote