Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bindings help. k2, flow, burton
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
easleyjr96

Default Bindings help. k2, flow, burton

Hey there. I have been snowboarding for about five years now and really enjoy it a ton. I decided to upgrade my gear this year, but am on a pretty tight budget. Before I had some generic board and bindings, but I made it work and had a lot of fun on it. I think just about anything is an upgrade from what I had before, and I am convinced I will enjoy just about anything that I get, but I want to maximize the time and enjoyment that I will get out of my next pair of bindings.

I bought a Burton Cruzer 164 and need some new bindings for it. I kind of like to do everything when I go out. I enjoy just riding down the hill and going fast as well as getting in the park. So I believe what I am looking for is a binding that isn't really good at a specific thing but rather something that is decent at all things and I should be able to ride with in most situations.

I would really appreciate having the convenience of the fold back bindings that flow and K2 makes in their cinch series, but I do not know about the reliability of bindings like this or if the cheaper range of bindings like this are reliable. I would rather lose this convenience and have bindings that are going to last me rather than have to buy a new pair of bindings at the end of the season because I broke them. Also, if I did go the traditional binding route rather than the fold back, I was looking at Burton bindings since I have a Burton board and it has the 3 hole pattern, but are there other binding companies that will fit this 3 hole pattern and are more reliable than Burton bindings?

My budget is around $100.
easleyjr96 is offline   Reply With Quote