Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: Chute 'em up! 3-14-2009
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Default TR: Chute 'em up! 3-14-2009

Date: 3-14-2009
Crew: Killclimbz
Chris
Forrest
Cody

Many have been complaining about the lack of snow in Colorado. Well from December to February we got lots of snow. There were some unusual warm ups in that span but within a week to a week and a half the snow returned. Then March our snowiest month hit and the faucet turned off. Bummer for resort powder hounds, bonus for backcountry users who have been eying big lines all year but needed to wait for them to stabilize. It had been warm all week, the snow pack was bonding and it was time to go chuting in the alpine.

We got a lazy start and didn't arrive at Berthoud until almost 9am. Geared up and headed West to climb to the top of the Continental Divide and take a look at No Name Peak. From the top of Mt Russel we saw a group of four going over to No Name. Bummed me out as I haven't done that line in two seasons now, and with four people it was going to be douched. Looking at the North Chutes on Russel, the smaller rock chutes were untouched. Of course everyone knows the best chuting there is, is chuting virgins. Doesn't get much more virgin than this.

Cody and I chuted her up.

That was nice.

^^^Photos by Forrest
Chris couldn't wait for me to get the camera out...

So I didn't get pics of him in the chute.
Forrest hiked one more chute over .

And chuted up some virgin pow.

Good chuting.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote