Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: Chute 'em up! 3-14-2009
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Next up. Y Chute.
Hey, I get to chute this one first too? Sweet!

Pictures by Forrest.
Again Chris didn't wait, and I screwed up on pics on this one.
Next was the Wishbone Couloir. I did this two years ago and it was definitely one of the best chutes on the pass. Arguably the best one, definitely top 3 that I've done. That year I did it I did the jagged right wishbone, this year I wanted to get the left bone. As per usual today it was untracked.

Unlike the other two chutes we had done, this one has not been touched much this year. The other chutes had been done at several different points to this season. This one, not so much. Very wild snow, it has seen little, maybe no traffic this year. I climbed down into and dug a pit to look at the layers. Definitely a top layer that could slide off of the more solid layer underneath. About 6 inches or so. Enough to take you for a ride. Looking at the entrance it was a tow side turn for me. Heel for Forrest. Deciding we needed a slope cut as a last test, Forrest and Chris gave me the go to test it out. I had Chris hold onto Cody for this one and Forrest shot pics. Here is the result.

Cody could barely be contained and once I was clear that was enough for him.

Last edited by killclimbz; 03-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote