Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Joyride snowboard

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ShredLife 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my cousin gave me this 154 joyride snowboard because upgraded all his gear at the beginning of the season. I am hoping to find out some more information on it, the specific questions I'm looking to find out is if it's worth keeping it and riding on it and if it has a sintered or extruded base.

Also, guy at the crystal mountain Wa repair shop claims he used to sell these boards and they were good and he offered me 40 dollars for the board.

Researching on joyride snowboards, I found out 1 thing. It's had multiple owners while in business and then around 2005 went out of business.

Trying to find my board I wasn't able to but I did find some that had similar joyride logos on them, I'm talking about the )( sign after joyride on them, which I'm guessing where all produced under the same owner.

Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more

Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more

And this guy seams to have the exact board I have,

Joyride Snowboard Pricing Issue!? - Yahoo Answers

Can anyone help me find out more info on the board and if it's worth keeping it, I currently am using it with 07 burton customs.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
its a ~15 yr old, cap-constructed, cambered board. it should ride and wear like a older, capped, cambered board.

the chronological age of the board doesn't really matter except that more modern boards will be made of slightly better materials and may be lighter, flex more evenly, feel better underfoot... if you are learning it doesn't matter that much and that board won't hold you back at all..

as much as people get boners for new shit, a snowboard is still a snowboard. go ride it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.