Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dad reaches a goal !!!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Talking Update: Dad reaches a goal !!!

Well guys as many of you again know this old dad is trying to keep up with the my kids in the terrain park.
This season I have spent a ton of time teaching and riding with my daughter. Her 1st full season and we've mainly stayed to the green groomers. Father-daughter time but no me time....I'm good with it but sad at the same time.

Well today we had a whole park session her and I.
My goals:
  • 3's
  • street style rails
  • boardslides
  • just more park in general
  • 1/4 wall

I know for many of you this isn't much but it is the Grand Canyon of a gap for me. I think I had more of a mental block than anything but today I landed and rode this rail nearly all day

Again not huge, but as many of you have taught me. Start small and work up.
I "manned up", lined up my board, good speed, small olly and just locked on perfect !!!! The sound of the board as if left the ground, to the board hitting the rail at that slight angle, then me feeling it flatten out and riding down was exhilarating. Yes it's small, that doesn't change my euphoric high of nailing it.

I played on this for a few hours and landed cleanly every time. I slide off a couple of time just a tad early but nothing major.

Just thought I'd share my joy. I tried doing a GoPro vid but the angle of the camera on my helmet didn't show much.
In addition I hate the GoPro Studio & Windows Movie Maker, plz recommend some free software if you can.

A very happy dad

Last edited by slyder; 02-02-2014 at 06:54 AM.
slyder is online now   Reply With Quote