Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#2,318 ·
Awesome forum. Learning a lot. I'm 48 and have been boarding for three years. When I wanted to teach my son to ski, he said, "that's for old dudes." I didn't want to be "the old dude" so we both took snowboarding lessons. We get out about 10 times a year, mostly in the Poconos. Thanks for all the great info.

#2,323 ·
Hi Diane, welcome to snowboarding. I'm guessing you're taking lessons in one of the snow domes? Have you got a trip to the alps planned? If so you're doing the right thing getting those first extremely frustrating few days out of the way but you just wait till you see some proper mountains. It will take your breath away.

#2,326 ·
Hello All,

Glad to see there are lots of old dudes on this forum. This really does seem to be a young person's game (unless one takes ibuprofen prophylactically). I'm 44 years-old and started snowboarding at 43. Mainly I am trying to learn because my kids ride. I tried skiing (since my husband skis) and really didn't like it. Snowboarding seems a lot more fun to me. I'm trying to keep up with my 10 and 8 year-old sons who are picking up the tricks very quickly. I would just like to be able to accompany them up the mountain and not die on the way down.

My son wants to go to snow"boarding" school. I have another thread out there about whether or not that is a good idea since we live on the east coast no where near mountains. We do live near the ocean, but not the one that is good for surfing.

#2,327 ·
Name is Tyler - I am 30 now. Been boarding for about 15 years and skiing about 10 years prior to that.

Sadly I live in AZ and snow is not right up the road, but its only a couple hours. I used to ride like crazy but had a son five years ago, havent been riding in almost that same amount of time. Got back into the saddle this season and it only took about an hour to knock off the dust.

Happy boarding, look forward to getting to know some of you guys and girls on here.

#2,331 ·
Hello everybody!
My name is Andy.

My usual forum is the GS resource where everybody complains about cold weather and snow. (Suzuki motorcycle forum)

I have been snowboarding for over 20 years with some seasons having over 90 days on the slopes.
Wish I could spend more time out there as I am terribly addicted!

I live in Franklin county Pa. 20 min from Whitetail resort, and 25 min from Ski Liberty.

I have made snow for over 8 years, swung chairs as a liftie for a few, worked on ski lifts as a mechanic for 6 years and spent a winter in the snowboard rental shop when I broke my arm in a boarder cross event.

I have a great love for living my life to its fullest and the great outdoors.

I am sure I will offend some of you now and then as the devil rides shotgun on my shoulder more often then not, but have good advice, and willing to help a brother or sister out.

Went riding yesterday and the snow was great here in Pa. stayed mostly the same even after the sun set, lots of soft stuff to dig a edge into with a bit of ice scraped up to add some extra speed. (east coast conditions)

Hope to meet a few of you here in the forums and perhaps out on the snow!

CHEERS! Andy

#2,332 ·
Hey all, new guy here from Swift Current, Saskatchewan. Grew up in Vancouver where the riding and Mountain Biking is mega, and I'm getting back into both so my daughters and I can do something fun outside( they are 2 and 5). Went with my 5 year old for the first time in 12 years the other week and it all came back midway through a lesson. Love it! Anyway, howdy.

#2,333 ·
wwaaazzzaaaaappppppp

26 y.o from New England. I've been riding for 4 seasons now. I'm not a newby but learned to ride on my own so my styles a little funky. Im always looking for tips and hints to improve my stance, performance and style. I frequent Vermont resorts like Mt snow n Stratton. But I honestly just go where the pow is. Happy shredding!

#2,335 ·
Hey People!

Name's Pete (web handle: Pedro- it's been that way for years), 31 and from UK but have been living in Tokyo for 4 years. Last year I tried snowboarding late in the season and loved it. This year, I tried again and loved it more. After 2 swings on rental, I bought my own gear:

K2 Raygun 161 (I'm 185cm and 84kg)
K2 sonic bindings
K2 Boa Transit 28.5cm (just on the edge of a regular board- usually I'm a 29.5 here, but the Transits were snug enough)

Not a K2 nut, but a result of some savvy savings/worries over compatibility. :p

Early door impressions are that I am an explorer more than a park rider, though I've managed some basic butters, ollies, and craptastic air spins (because I can't carve properly yet)!

So far in japan I've hit Naeba, Marunumakogen and Aizu Takatsue, but am looking forward to going further afield when I finally have some holiday.

Any other fellow Gaikokujin here?

Wanted to sign up because this forum has helped with board repairs and technique. Can't say I can add anything of value yet, but hopefully when I'm a little less green!

#2,336 ·
Hey everyone,
I´m 32, live in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
I´ve been snowboarding only twice but next month I´m gonna buy my equip and learn more in my 3rd snowtrip ever (Park City).
I love action sports (mostly summer sports).
I´m also going to Portillo (Chile) on August and planning to ride at Europe next year.

#2,337 ·
Hi all, I picked up boarding when I was 13, but last week was the first time I went boarding in the past 11 years! And man, did it feel good to be back! However, I'm still riding the same 1996 Morrow snowboard I got when I was 13, so I'm definitely ready for an upgrade. I'm joining you guys since over the past 17 years apparently snowboard technology has completely exploded, and I have no idea what kind of board to get! Looking forward to diving in!

#2,341 ·
Allow myself, to introduce… myself…

I started snowboarding last year in 2013 and went about a dozen times to our local Cincy hill along with 7 Springs and Snowshoe, WV. I have been heading out twice a week this year and made a trip out to Utah.

2013 Capita NAS 157W
Ride Ex Bindings
K2 Maysis Boots

#2,342 ·
So I moved to colorado last summer and this is my first time ever snowboarding ive been twice so far and goin again next weekend. I feel in doin pretty good. I skateboarded for about 8 years when I lived in Florida so I think it made it a little easier to learn. I picked up a sims 154 board with k2 bindings and sims boots from a local pawn shop for 100$. Anyways that's my story... What's up?!?!