Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jay Peak?
Thread: Jay Peak?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
a4h Saint

Default Jay Peak?

I ride a small mountain in north Carolina, and have never been to a big resort aside from snowshoe, wv, which is still small. I had begun planning a trip to Jay, but have been reading that the roads are bad in a snow, the wind is terrible, and it often closes the lifts to the peak. I know the snow is good, and the glades are amazing, but I really would hate to get up there and not be able to access the top, or worse yet, the mountain.

My biggest attraction to Jay is the chutes and glades, I don't want to go to a big resort and just ride more groomers. I have looked at Okemo, killington, and others, but they don't have any chutes or as many glades.

I have no BC gear so I cannot head out to find the really good non-groomer lines, so I need another resort that has good non-groomer terrain that is not as risky as Jay, or some insight to whether or not jay is risky.

I know to find the best of this kind of terrain heading west would be the best choice, but if possible I'd like to find somewhere cheaper. Unless convinced other wise
a4h Saint is offline   Reply With Quote