Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

How does the CO2 compare to Ride bindings for edge to edge response?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  twin89 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm almost thinking of switching back to Burton again... maybe CO2's... these Ride ratchets SUCK. It's almost a deal breaker for me. I ride the lift like 9 times per hour and I hate struggling with them. If CO2's have comparable edge to edge response as my Ride CAD's... I might just give them try

(To release them BTW)

#3 ·
No idea on the the comparison of the two bindings. But I have both Burton and ride bindings. If your are having issues with the ride bindings release is just because it is different the way Burtons release. Took me a bit to get used to but now I release the bindings much faster and easier then I did on my Burtons. Use your forefinger on the release for the rides and put your thump on the end of the ratchet handle and squeeze and pull. After a bit you will just be using your forefinger. The release is a bit sticky the first couple times out. I had one that seemed to stick all the time for about a week but is fine now. After a good couple days of riding the ratchet system goes much smoother.

Now after a month or so can have my bindings released before I come to a complete stop. Is really not that bad in my opinion but yeah I hated the release for the first week but now I love them.

#4 ·
Thanks! OK I'll be patient and give them until the rest of the season (2 more weeks?). With the Burtons I used to be able to release all four within about 2 seconds while still moving.

My rear binding does seem to be sticking a lot less since I release them the most by far.

#6 ·
im not sure what your talking bout with ride ratchets sucking.

i have 08 ride Rx bindings and the ratchets are just as good as new, no problems what so ever. actually, two days ago in the park i was approaching a rail and didn't ollie high enough and my binding hit the very tip of the rail really hard and it turns out the ratchet took the blunt of the force and i looked at the ratchet today and all that is different is a tiny scratch that is barely noticeable and they still work just fine. but i have heard that Co2 is much stiffer, but has problems with that interesting highback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.