Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Set up frustration
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
thedru13

Default Set up frustration

Ok been riding for a few years. I have never been able to find any level of comfort. its driving me nuts. going to try and explain it...
My set up...
LibTech Lando 160
Union Atlas Bindings
Nike LunarEndor boots ( I think they are a half size to big so have ordered a 11.5 to see if that helps)

So here is my issue/issues..... I was riding on a much stiffer boot (DC Judge) and had better what i thought control of the board. Had a ton of foot pain so went with a different boot. this was in about 6 inches of fresh powder. I was able to ollie and jump and control the board. I had my angles at 16 and -14 regular stance.

Last week I rode all week in much different conditions Very icy and hard pack. Had some boot fitment issues might have a bit to much room in my boot.

The snow was a lot faster and board was quick. I felt like my feet were fighting each other on the board. If that makes sense. Like I wanted to move my angles on the board while riding. I had to ride a lot more aggressive due to the conditions to get the board to bite down into the icy conditions. felt like i was whipping the back of the board around. Like my right foot was kicking out and i was over rotating the board. I changed my right foot angle to -2 to see if that would reduce it. It helped a bit but i was not comfortable doing any ollie or jumps on the board and just felt very uneasy.

Not sure if anyone could answer or chime in on this or if it even makes sense but man I felt like a complete N00b again on my board. I was falling and falling hard. I just could not get comfortable on the board at all.

Should I set it up differently? My feet felt very tired like i was working to hard with my feet. Will different angles help me to resolve some of this?

I am open to any suggestions. Thanks for any help..
thedru13 is offline   Reply With Quote