Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New to the forums, looking for some feedback and advice.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
GoofyRider

Default New to the forums, looking for some feedback and advice.

Hi all. I just registered for these forums today. I just started snowboarding about 2 months ago, and I am loving it. I can already do some rails 180s carve quite well do ground 180s and whatnot. There are two things I have wanted advice on if anyone could shed some light that would be great . The first is I am 15, 5'8 and 120 pounds. Around average height although not near fully grown, although I have size 11 feet so I am in extra large bindings. I have a burton operator (just got it and I love it!) it is 158 which I know is too big for my weight but I dont really feel a difference so I dont mind it. Im just wondering because I do not have the wide version of the board will my feet be a big problem? The other is just some advice on spinning 360s. I like to turn to my right again I am goofy? Im not sure if its backside or frontside because I was told that is frontside but when I skateboard that would be called a backside. I am just looking for general advice especially on getting the height and rotation.

Sorry for the long post,
Thanks. GoofyRider