Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

G
#455 ·
Hey everybody my name's Peter I'm from Ontario, been riding for about 9 seasons, but the last 4-5 season i've only been out 2 or 3 times... This year that all changed got myself a season pass to blue mountain and have been ripping like never before :thumbsup: made it out about 16 or 17 times already... I ride an older santa cruz board that i got on sale like 5 years ago.. it's a 168 :dunno: lol.. love my burton mission bindings with the toe cap, love my burton snow suit helps me pick up snow bunnies and it zips in to act like a one piece (yea, effin' awesome)

I'd consider myself an advanced rider, really focussed on my switch riding this season and inheirantly the 1's and 3's... love the back country/ gladed runs although i hit a tree for the first time this year and messed up my leg, but all better now...

G
#457 ·
Hey, I'm from NY. My day job is software engineer for a financial software provider in Manhattan. I went snowboarding years ago with my brother for the first time and it sucked (didn't learn a thing and just tumbled down the mountain). The 08/09 season was my first real season and when I fell in love with snowboarding. I enjoy all sorts of the riding and their challenges... mountain riding, tree lines, park riding, jibbing... I've enjoyed them all and hope to progress in each. I'm 23 and currently ride a Forum Division with Burton Custom bindings. Can't wait for next season...

#460 ·
Hey guys!

Ronak from Mississauga, Ontario here. I'm usually hitting up Glen Eden, Mt. St. Louis Moonstone or Blue Mountain. Give me a shout if you want to board! I'm rocking a Dynastar Definitive 154 cm board with Ride Delta MVMT bindings. Loving my Salomon Dialogue boots (So comfy).

Thanks for having such a great forum!

Ronak

#463 ·
From Dallas, TX

Wow, I dropped out of SB.com about 1-2 years ago, and come to find out today that it's down and has been for a while. A search on Google lead me to killclimbz post on this forum, leading me to join :)

Been riding since 2002, mostly in the Angel Fire, NM area. Have been to Keystone, CO when they celebrated their 36 hours of riding (2006-2007 season). Look forward to catching up with folks from SB.com and meeting new ones here :thumbsup:

Sadly, I missed riding this season, that's right -0- days of riding. :mad:

#464 ·
Hey all,

i feel old in here. 43 yrs old, been boarding for 3 yrs, intermediate level now. i'm in Toronto. because of my kids and work i don't get out to the slopes very much but my favourite hill here is Mount St Louis Moonstone (I get out maybe 3 or 4 times a yr). Glad to have found this site after SB.com shut down.

G
#467 · (Edited)
Colorado Springs

I was given my board and boots last year when I moved to Colorado Springs. My first season was last year, about 15 days at different Colorado spots. This year I've been twice, Monarch and (yesterday) Loveland. Lousy year for snow on CO but I picked two really good days to ride.

Next month I turn 38 but I'm a total newb. No jumps (intentionally), medium speed bombing and I rarely fall now or catch edges.

#469 ·
I'm David from Las Vegas, NV. I've been riding for 5 years or so, but only started taking it seriously this year. There's not much snow down here, and not too many close places to go, so I try to get up when I can. I'm moving up to Reno in the fall so that should make things easier. I'm starting to get more comfortable with riding switch, as well as front 180s and smaller boxes and rails.

#472 ·
Hey guys, Aussie kid here!

5 years boarding, i try to get out there as much as possible, but it's a little hard considering i'm on the coast 10 hours from the snow :p
16, can't wait to get out of school to head over to Canada to live and work for a couple of years (or longer perhaps :D), the snow at Perisher is nothing compared to up north i hear.
Also just purchased my own gear, set up my 09' Burton custom bindings on my 08' Burton Blunt last night :).

#473 ·
Canadian, 19 years old, been out a collective total of about one and a half seasons at the local ski hill, Kinosoo Ridge in Cold Lake, Alberta, which is already closed for the season :(. Recently picked up riding again cause I can finally afford it, bought a Burton Shaun White 156 (from 2007 or 2008, dont really know) and recently got a Stairmaster Extreme 156 in a end of season sale which I cant wait to ride next year. Hoping to visit the Rockies and hit up Banff and Jasper before the season is over and cant wait to improve my riding and learn a lot from this site and its members.

G
#476 ·
Hi, I'm from CA. I went snowboarding for the first time yesterday, and I really liked it. Althogh, my arms, legs, and butt is sore from falling, I kinda got the hang of it by the time I got down the hill the first time.

G
#487 ·
Hello All

Im east of the rockys...so I'm dreading this nasty heat that's already starting to show here in NC. Fortunately, it got cold again this week, and we saw some snow in the mountains, but the unfortunate part is, all the resorts have already slammed the door in everyone's face, so it does nobody who likes to rid any good. Im new here, and this my first post. Hopefully I can gather some useful information when needed about anything in reference to snowboarding.

#488 ·
...I'm dreading this nasty heat that's already starting to show here in NC. Fortunately, it got cold again this week, and we saw some snow in the mountains, but the unfortunate part is, all the resorts have already slammed the door in everyone's face, so it does nobody who likes to rid any good
why not hike your resort(s) after they shut down-good for the lungs, heart, and mindset. last season (here in utah) we hiked and rode until early august.

G
#489 ·
Early August...wow, that's incredible. Here in NC and the surrounding region, we get into major warm spells. One week you could tally up a pretty decent base, and then the next week, temps wont even dip below freezing and you end up with a lot of bare spots. It can be depressing. I didn't even touch one NC hill this season, I would always head north well into WV to Snowshoe where that had a considerable amount of snow this season for a southeast resort...189".