Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Offset Binding Discs... Laterally!?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
CMCM

Default Offset Binding Discs... Laterally!?

I was thinking about binding positions and angles and... then I had one more that I have not found posted online.
I have discs that have 2 slots for the screws like "l l" so the discs can move forward and back along the length of the foot. This would then put more toe or heel out depending on the adjustment.

I was thinking that it might be good to put the back foot with more toe out and the front with more heel to point the body a little more toward the nose of the board.

Anyone try this moving of the discs?? I have looked online, but I can't find anything about it. Perhaps this is my discovery? Perhaps it's a really bad idea? One of those!

thanks,
cmcm

ps. I am pretty new to snowboarding- riding goofy, but with a mirrored duck stance at the moment. I have tried putting the back foot more "normal", but it feels a bit unnatural the few times I tried it. However, I have trouble making small turns and require a lot of width on the slope to feel "safe".
CMCM is offline   Reply With Quote