Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What Arbor board? Coda, Element or A-Frame
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What Arbor board? Coda, Element or A-Frame

First I want to thanks everybody here for being such a great source of information, I've read a lot of treads and learned a lot.

I'm 43 years old, 6'1, 185 lbs, shoe size 10.5/11. I've been snowboarding every season for the last 8 years. I live in Hawaii but have been able to squeeze an average of 12 days/season.

Mount baker has been my go to mountain. We have a scheduled spring break trip to Alyeska. It will be our second time there.

I bought a used 162 Burton Malolo about 7 years ago. The board is at least 10 years old. It has served me well but I think I'm ready for a new board.

I have a surf back ground and love carving, I'm not into parks. I love to ride powder and try to go to places that maximize my chances of ridding it but not always possible.

A friend recomended a Arbor Element. I started researching and decided that my next board would be an Arbor.

The A-frame caught my attention and in a perfect world (powder every day) it would be the perfect board. Since this will be the only board I travel with, I'm now leaning on a 162 Coda, it look like it will handle powder well but its a more versatile board.

Any thoughts on the model and size are greatly appreciated.