Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What Arbor board? Coda, Element or A-Frame
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
scotty100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808638 View Post
First I want to thanks everybody here for being such a great source of information, I've read a lot of treads and learned a lot.

I'm 43 years old, 6'1, 185 lbs, shoe size 10.5/11. I've been snowboarding every season for the last 8 years. I live in Hawaii but have been able to squeeze an average of 12 days/season.

Mount baker has been my go to mountain. We have a scheduled spring break trip to Alyeska. It will be our second time there.

I bought a used 162 Burton Malolo about 7 years ago. The board is at least 10 years old. It has served me well but I think I'm ready for a new board.

I have a surf back ground and love carving, I'm not into parks. I love to ride powder and try to go to places that maximize my chances of ridding it but not always possible.

A friend recomended a Arbor Element. I started researching and decided that my next board would be an Arbor.

The A-frame caught my attention and in a perfect world (powder every day) it would be the perfect board. Since this will be the only board I travel with, I'm now leaning on a 162 Coda, it look like it will handle powder well but its a more versatile board.

Any thoughts on the model and size are greatly appreciated.
I think 162 coda would work for you primarily as a versatile all mountain deck that would be ok in pow (it has a new shape this year that helps in this regard I think). A Frame is a big mountain deck with the emphasis on freeriding, stiffer than the coda and also is camber profile - compare to the coda which is rocker. Decide what your riding priorities are likely to be, camber profile priorities etc. They are 2 quite different boards.

If powder is what you seek above all else in riding you might also want to do a search on here for boards that will handle the pow but also do ok on groomers too. There's quite a few threads on that topic and quite a few other boards that would be an option. Yes PYL, Burton Barracuda, Never Summer Cobra, Capita Charlie Slasher etc. could all fit the bill...
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote