Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bailing on the PNW! Who has snow?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
lab49232
Veteran Member

Default Bailing on the PNW! Who has snow?

February 4th and there's still no snow out here in the great Pacific Northwest. Had been planning on finally leaving Hood this winter with a few small trips to Bachelor and Bend and so on but I've finally decided to bail and take a trip to some place mother nature isn't being a B**** to!

So who has the snow? In reality I'd like to still be able to drive there if possible (coming from Portland, Oregon and will drive up to about 12 hours if need be). I'm looking for something beyond standard groomers and park as even in the worst winters I can ride those conditions out here between Timberline and Meadows. Love trees and looking to get in to possibly some bigger steeps, chutes and cliffs which are all unrideable out here right now. Money is a partial factor. Not expecting to get out of this cheaply as I'll need a place to stay and tickets but that likely means avoiding money pits like Aspen.

I've only ridden Hood and Winterpark out west and just about everywhere on the east coast so just about any place is gonna be new and exciting.
lab49232 is offline   Reply With Quote