Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: North Face Meru gloves
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Default Review: North Face Meru gloves

The North Face Men's Accessories Gloves MERU GLOVE

Bought these at Whistler last fall. Paid full retail of course, you don't get any breaks in Whistler.

I haven't had a chance to use them in really cold conditions, and the way this season is going, probably won't. Up until now, I've been buying Dakines and similar in the $60-$80 range. I have to say, the amount you pay makes a big difference. These gloves are goretex, they're substantial, the palms are strong leather, stitching doesn't look like it's going to come loose any time, and most importantly -- at the end of a day of riding, my hands were still warm and dry.

I like the large cuffs -- they keep the snow out of my wrists as well as wrist gators, and I'm finding I don't really like wrist gators. I have large hands so I always have to buy the XL gloves. These are a bit tight with the liners in but quite comfortable without them, and I think the temps will have to drop significantly before I'll need the liners.

The gloves don't have a "wiper blade" on the outside of the thumb, but they do have soft chamois material there, which works just as well for clearing your goggles. I'll likely post another review at the end of the season when I've used the gloves a bit more. For now, looks good.

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote