Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick new board
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
IAFFbuckeye

Default Help me pick new board

Ok guys I need some ideas on for a new board. So many choices out there and I want to see what would be best for me.

34 year old male 6' 220 pounds all riding is freeriding and powder if I am lucky. Living in Ohio I get out quite a bit here on hardpack, and ice. I do take trips out west and love to ride bowls and powder if I get a chance. No park or jumps really for me. I would say I am advanced intermediate if that is a class. Can handle all blacks out west and some bowls on good snow days.

Current set up- Ride Insano boots-size 10 love how stiff they are, K2 formula bindings Large, and Rossi Angus midwide 158. Been a good set up so far, but I like to charge hard and the board sometimes gets a little sketchy at speed or in tracked out snow. Thinking I might need bigger like 161 to 164 but not sure.

I have been looking at the offerings from GNU and Lib Tech due to magnetraction and the ice we get here in Ohio. But I am open to any and all ideas. Just want to see what you guys think would be the best for me. Thanks.
IAFFbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote