Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help picking a new freeride board for an intermediate-advanced rider
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
wua05

Default Help picking a new freeride board for an intermediate-advanced rider

Hey everyone, I'm looking to finally upgrade from my first board. I'm 5'9" (175cm) and 165 pounds. I currently ride a 2007 nitro pantera 157. My skill level is intermediate-advanced (I feel pretty comfortable and can carve on all blues and most blacks).

Last season I tried a friend's new arbor element 161, and loved it; I definitely felt more confident going much faster than I normally do, and never felt like I was at risk of catching an edge.

What's the community's consensus on the arbor element? Is my positive experience more of a result of riding a newer board (with supposedly better technology)? Or because it was a longer board? Are there any suggestions or comments in general to this or recommendations on other boards?

I don't do much freestyle riding and I mostly do groomed runs and sometimes a bit of powder.

I'm planning on demoing a board or two to get a sense of what I might want to buy. Any input or feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by wua05; 02-04-2014 at 08:08 PM.
wua05 is offline   Reply With Quote