Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice request: NS Ripsaw, Gnu Billy Goat C3, or Jones Mountain Twin
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
tostyj

Default Advice request: NS Ripsaw, Gnu Billy Goat C3, or Jones Mountain Twin

I was hoping to get some input regarding my next board purchase. I've narrowed it down to the Ripsaw, Billy Goat, and Jones Mnt. Twin.

I currently ride an Arbor Westmark 156 for smaller hills, park, playing around, and when it's icy (the Grip-Tech) works great. I can bomb on it somewhat, but it's kinda sketchy. I'm not a huge fan on total reverse camber for jumps either due to the lack of pop off the lip and washing out on less than perfect landings.

I also, ride a NS SL 161 with RC. Sick board, but I like to haul ass and would like something that is even more locked in when carving and grips ice better (I live and ride primarily East). I don't want to go back to full on camber 'cause I like some reverse for powder float and quick turn initiation for tree riding.

I do realize that I have listed two twins and one directional twin. And that the NS has Vario while the other two have mellow Magne-Traction

Any input would be much appreciated...thanks!
tostyj is offline   Reply With Quote