Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice request: NS Ripsaw, Gnu Billy Goat C3, or Jones Mountain Twin
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Naturesabre

Personally I love the NS Ripsaw. Edge hold is fantastic. From what I've heard, magne-traction does beat it but a lot of people find it too grippy. It's got plenty of pop, stiffer in the tip and tail(obviously) so non-perfect landings are fine, will fly down hills if you want it to, and is a really fun ride for whatever you want to throw at it. Oh yeah and the vario sidecut is sweet(coming from a guy never riding anything like that before). Also tree riding is a lot of fun on it, I ride a lot of trees and haven't had any issues.

However, literally everyone I've heard that has owned the Billy Goat are obsessed with it and its camber profile is more camber than the ripsaw. I've also been looking at the mountain twin for the future. All those boards are really good choices imo and based on what other people say about them.

EDIT: sorry forgot you already rode a NS so you know how the vario sidecut dealeo works already so nothing too exciting there for you.

Last edited by Naturesabre; 02-05-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Naturesabre is offline   Reply With Quote