Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeriding+Olympics=?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
I see your point. However the whole snow problem I don't know how much of an issue it could be. They could just fly out into the backcountry to a place that they had scouted early before the event. Blow it to make it safe and then ride.
The only problem with that is the cost/logistics. They would be enormous, especially considering the fact that the IOC mandates that there be a certain amount of seating and amenities for every event... which means that they would ALSO have to fly out a crowd, bleachers, support staff, bathrooms, food, etc. to the backcountry. No way they'd go for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
I don't really consider the supernatural event a freeride event. I would call it a hybrid of the two. Too much of the judging was based on tricks instead of going huge.
Fair enough. I dig the tricks and I especially like how in that event, it's NOT "spin to win", it's about working the natural terrain and having fun. It's one of the only types of events where style can win over everything else.
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote