Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some assistance. Need some advice
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
ksup3erb
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Alright....need some help with this here.

In about 2 weeks I'm flying out on a solo trip to Vermont. I plan to do 2 days of riding (Sat, Feb 22 and Sun, Feb 23). I already know I am going to Stowe on that Sunday. That much is in stone for me. But I can't decide if I should go to Sugarbush or Jay Peak on Saturday.

Little background...this is my 4th year riding. I'm pretty solid on blacks though not truly bombing yet. Trying to work my way to double blacks this year. But otherwise have good control. Never ridden any glades but interested in trying.

I've been to Sugarbush before but at the time I was still only riding blues and greens. Never been to Jay Peak. I'll be riding alone that weekend as well.

So which would you suggest I try?
Which what?

At Sugarbush you'll want to go up Heavens Gate. Paradise trail is a favorite. And Castlerock lift if it's open. I don't know the Mt Ellen side that well but it looks to have more advanced trails as well.

EDIT: Jay Peak is known for its glades. If you go there I would get a guide/lesson. I wouldn't do unfamiliar glades alone.

Last edited by ksup3erb; 02-07-2014 at 08:45 AM.
ksup3erb is offline   Reply With Quote