Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Oh the pain....
Thread: Oh the pain....
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
snaplok

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3iiipu View Post
just came back from a trip...

i was pushing myself going faster and faster and trying different things...
and i noticed that if u fell hard once...the rest of the day is ruined...its like a mental thing...

i took a very hard fall early in the day and landed on my left hip...couldn't stand up or move for a good 10 minutes. Then the rest of my day just went kaput. I fell ALOT. Just kept falling and falling even when im speed checking constantly. Every turn i link i hesitated and it usually leads to another fall.

So all in all i ended up coming home with chest pains, busted wrists and knees, severe pain on my left hip(couldn't turn or move) and a concussion...FML
Yeah I realized that it was a mental thing when I forgot my knee pads once. I was scared to reinjure my knee that I ended up... REINJURING MY KNEE. I locked up, kinda forcing myself to land on my a$$ then I ended up bruising my tailbone.

Now you would think I was in a Mad Max movie, knee pads and skeletools. Don't wear a helmet normally but that will probably change. And if I land on my elbows...

But I do do better now, just took a ton of padding not to care. Funny what the mind can do