Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Omatic wiggle stick + flux bindings review
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
jjin

Default Omatic wiggle stick + flux bindings review

I was at my local hill last saturday and had a opportunity to demo a 2010 omatic wiggle stick. The condition of the day was spring slush.

The wiggle stick I demoed was a 154 with flux's newest freestyle oriented bindings. I didn't really ask about the bindings the rep just told me it was going to be released in 2010.

Just for reference that day I was riding my 09' skate banana 156 w/ 09' Rome 390s. I rode the omatic for the other half and my own setup for the first half.

The rep was slow as fuck just mounting and setting up the bindings so I just went and set the whole thing myself.

Stance 18/-9 regular 24' width. The board was said to be a rocker. The first run down was just amazing, it rode really stable yet loose. I can't really explain the fusion of the ride, all I knew as it was confidence inspiring on a board I've ridden for the first time. I was pressing boxes and hitting kickers like I was on crack. It butters any and everything really well due to the softer flex. Although it is soft it is not a noodle it landed mid sized kicker with no problems. The wiggle stick saved my ass once when I almost caught an edge doing a mute 3 off a mid sized jump. It rod over ice like a champ. It has good pop. At the end of the day I wanted to trade my banana for the wiggle stick. My final evaluation would be excellent for a park board. I am defintly getting the omatic for next season.

The bindings were really good as well as the board. I forgot I was strapped in couple of times and the bindings had good response yet it did no hinder freestyleability. Cap straps were some of the best I've seen yet.