Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tricks to get the gf faster?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
NSXRguy

Default Tricks to get the gf faster?

So my fiance is stil scared of going faster. It pisses me off knowing that she knows how to board on greens, but she gets intimidated on blues

I watched her the other day when we went boarding. I think she does fine when she goes on her toe edge, keeping the board angled enoug to still go down the mountain with slowing down too much. The problem is when she transitions to her heel edge. She turns it to the point of stopping because it scares her with the speed.

One major problem is shes stubborn... But she actually listened to me the last time.

What i had her do was to follow what i do. I basically went down the mountain on just my heel edge... Slowly going straighter and further down the mountain just by staying on my heel edge. She eventually was starting to get used to the angle of the board pointing closer and closer down the mountain instead of being perpendicular. Day ended when her legs got tired (her stamina sucks)

I think that by letting her get used to Going down the mountain staying on just an edge, and slowly decreasing the angle of the board, shell eventually get used to the speed... Hopefully making the angle of her turns smaller to maintain her speed

Thoughts???
NSXRguy is offline   Reply With Quote