Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going up the slopes by yourself, is it ever a good idea?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
say chi sin lo

Default Going up the slopes by yourself, is it ever a good idea?

Hi all, I'm in SF, and we FINALLY have a storm here. The weekend is pretty much stormed out and I had planned to drive up to Lake Tahoe this coming Monday or Tuesday.

However, pretty much all of my friends have backed out because of sudden events. I am still tempted to go by myself because I don't always have a free weekday, and we all know weekdays = empty slopes = no lines! Also, I take some joy on bombing down a mountain with just myself. I wouldn't have to wait for anyone. Bomb down the slopes, get on the lift, bomb down the next slope, rinse and repeat.

But, is it EVER a good idea to go by oneself onto the slopes? I'm just thinking, we all know s*** happens on the slopes. You can break an ankle as easily as getting tangled up getting off the lifts, to something as serious as head and lower back injuries . Not to mention, random miscellaneous road troubles due to the weather.

I err on the side of caution, so I am thinking of forgoing this opportunity to ride by myself.

What about you guys, have you ever gone up the slopes by yourself? How was it? Any "oh s***" moments and you wished you had someone there with you?

Thanks! Share your stories!

Last edited by say chi sin lo; 02-08-2014 at 02:18 AM.
say chi sin lo is offline   Reply With Quote