Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going up the slopes by yourself, is it ever a good idea?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
say chi sin lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannorthcott View Post
I went up solo quite a few times when I had a pass at big white. I didn't care as much about school and wanted to progress my riding so I'd go on weekdays. It's awesome cause you can do what you want, but more than a few times I would get myself into sketchy situations. There were a few tree well deaths at big white over that time including a friend of mine, so I began to focus a lot more on park went I went by myself. I've fallen in enough tree wells to know one time head first is all it takes. As for general injuries and such as long as you are in bounds and easily visible it's fairly easy to get help in an emergency.

Bottom line, be aware, know your limits and the risk associated with where you're riding and you'll be fine.
A friend of mine got a concussion (he was wearing helmet already) and all of us as a group was glad myself and a few others were with him. Because he didn't know he had hurt his head and he wanted to get moving again. I was like: " Oh hell no, you're not going anywhere until the ski patrols get here." He was glad I was able to shuttle him down the slopes along with the ski patrol. He just caught a hole in the snow and got launched. It's moments like that, that makes me not want to go up by myself.

Yeah I know my limits too. And I'm not shy about NOT testing my luck.

Last edited by say chi sin lo; 02-08-2014 at 02:36 AM.
say chi sin lo is offline   Reply With Quote