Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boots tight at top of foot at seam
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 04:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
PaulWog

Default Boots tight at top of foot at seam

I bought a pair of Burton Ruler snowboard boots last year. The size is overall good, my toes reach the end properly and everything. However, they're a little bit too tight horizontally (against the top of my feet). There's one particular problem spot which has a seam that keeps them from stretching out (picture below). I'm not sure if a seam like that will eventually stretch out over time, and I'm wondering. I've only gone out with these boots a total of 3 times last year, so not a lot; however, each time I went out, my feet lost circulation constantly, and I was in pain all day in the boots each day.

Three questions:

1) As in the picture below, would a stitched seam be unstretchable / can't be worn in?

2) What is the best way to stretch the boots out at home without ruining them in any way? I've googled things up, but I just want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid & following advice that might damage the boots.

3) I took the insoles out and there's enough room for my foot to have circulation that way. However, I'm not sure if it'll be pretty much impossible to use the boots when I get up and start going if I don't have insoles in the boots (to clarify, just the padding for the bottom of the foot is out, not the inner lining itself). The boots feel good and support feels good / etc without them in. My insoles are really thin already, couldn't get any thinner, so taking them out only gives me just that much extra room.

PaulWog is offline   Reply With Quote