Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - has this happened to you
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
scottb7
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default has this happened to you

kind of curious what others think of this...

i have a kind of friend that lives 3 doors down. he wakeboards with us maybe 2 or 3 times a season. (we go a lot more often).

while last couple months he has been saying he wants to go jibbing with me, and he brags about all the top shelf ski areas he has been to and the huge jumps, etc.

so he finally goes with me yesterday. turns out he is scared to hit any boxes, rails or jumps. not that i am great. i am just a middle aged guy, but do at least hit a little bit of all 3. he gets totally embarrassed saying he does not want to get hurt, and he is not trying to be park hero. is it even possible he would not know what "jibbing means"?

i just don't understand why a person would totally say he can do stuff if they can't. wouldn't you kind of underplay rather than overplay your ability?

i don't get it. i did not even know what to say. we just carved around and he could not even carve switch.

i guess he probably will never ask to go with me again. but don't even know how to deal with him.

how about sharing your weird stories like this with your advice? thanks.
scottb7 is offline   Reply With Quote