Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - trying to setup my wife and kids - size help with all
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
TyBardy

Default trying to setup my wife and kids - size help with all

Some basics - All three are SUPER beginer (one trip for each of them)

My son is five so I am basicaly just going to find something of size on craigs list. Found a decent 100cm with boots and bindings for $100 - DONE

Now for the hard part -

Wife - She is small in height and weight. 5'4" and 120lbs. Using the old "up-to-the-chin" method... she would need a 139ish - However I cannot find such a size without going into youth boards which tend to be of lesser quality. Not to mention she wont ride a board that isn't "cute"... (fuckin women) I need to find her a good begginer board in the 138 to 140 cm range. As for bindings, I guess I don't care, except flows seems like a good fit for ease of use.

Daughter - She is 13, and very small - something like 5'1" and 80lbs. However she is very athletic and picks everything up easy so I was thinking of getting her a bit larger board to grow into (kind of) Salomon Lotus 138 seemed right... is that too large? Again, I was thinking flow's for the same reason.

Can anyone help with experience and/or opinion
TyBardy is offline   Reply With Quote