Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Spines Downhill battle!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
So...what is the Doc saying in terms of solutions? Therapy? I would try to find an old chinese person to look at those x-rays.

C'mon Chomps, it aint over! Yoga?! Get gnarly with your diet and drop 20lbs?

Can u walk?...
Yeah! LOL most days I can walk!

The new Chiro I saw yesterday put me in traction for 10-15 minute. That along with the Psoas stretches I was doing the last 3-4 days did wonders! My back feels Much netter today! No shooting pains, no spasms! While I probably can't afford the 2-3 sessions a week he wants to do. (...and with the new ins. limiting me to 25 visits a year now!) :-/

I figure since the traction seemed to really help? I can probably afford the $200 "Teeters" inversion table I saw at CostCo, that along with maybe 2-3 Chiro visits a month for a month or two! Hopefully that will be good enough!

I have tried some yoga, but not unlike my search for a competent Dr? The beginners class I attended recently at my Gym, the dumb bitch running it was sooo bad. She didn't offer any instruction whatsoever, even to those students where it was obvious they were new & didn't know anything. She Just babbled off poses rapid fire one to the next, spouting a lot of "New Agey" mumbo jumbo between them! By trying to copy the others students there? I wound up pulling a hamstring so bad I limped for a week!

I would like to try again, with a real beginners class with a good instructor, but unless it's offered at the gym I already pay dues for? I will have to pay extra for it. Not a lot of coin for "extras" right now! Gotta pick n choose what I can afford to do! As I mentioned in the Today I hate thread, I am NOT dismissing any of the suggestions I've received. It's just I can only afford to try many of them one or two at a time.

....and YES!!! You're absolutely right about the 20 lbs. (...more like 30 actually!) Now that's gonna be HARD!

But don't mistake my intent here! I haven't given up at all!!! I intend to stay well enough to keep boarding until it, extreme old age, or my back cripples me! It's just been a VERY bad last 3 weeks!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote