Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Deals from Tokyo
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
skating101

Default Snowboarding Deals from Tokyo

I am about to go on a snowboarding trip to Japan and instead of renting gear i'm intending to purchase gear while im in Tokyo.

I haven't snowboarding in quite a while (8 years) and when I did snowboard I was around intermediate level.

I know very little about which gear to purchase which is why I am asking you guys for advice.

I have read that a whole set of gear (board, bindings and boots) can be purchased in Tokyo from shops like London Sports for ~ US$350 which is around my budget for new gear.

What I want to know is will this amount be sufficient to buy standard beginner - intermediate gear for use once a year without disintegrating.

Take into account that my girlfriend will also be purchasing skis and we will both be purchasing jackets, gloves etc so we would expect a decent discount

I have read advice on the forums like "Don't buy Lamar gear" etc which I will heed, any other specific advice you guys would have?
skating101 is offline   Reply With Quote