Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me please- problems with boarding
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
JibWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help me please! View Post
Hello all,
I've been snowboarding twice before, first time with lessons, the second without and I was riding goofy, which I only realised was odd after I gave up the second time I went. My instructor commented that I should be riding regular and now, after I've done the "are you regular or goofy" test I realise that I actually should be riding regular. However, the second time I went boarding completely recked my confidence as I was awful and went back to skiing (I am a good skier). We're going to Austria next week and I'm not sure if I should stay safe and stick with skiing or try regular on the snowboard? Was the fact that I shouldn't have been riding goofy the reason I was rubbish? Has anyone got any tips for changing from goofy to regular?
Any help would be really appreciated, my confidence is in taters after I failed riding goofy last year, I'd be prepared to recommend abysmal who can help!
Thanks in advance lads!
Alex (someone who needs help)
Alex, this is an all too common issue.

The best way to let your body find it's natural direction is to do the following:

1. Mount a twin-shaped board with the bindings at positive fifteen degrees and negative fifteen degrees.

2. Go ride, your brain will tell your body which way to naturally lead itself.

3. Once you "feel it" adjust your back binding to suite your natural stance.

This has worked with both my kids at the ages of 1.5 and 3. It'll work for you. Enjoy Austria (Mayerhoffen is fun).
JibWood is offline   Reply With Quote