Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toeside turning/edge catching
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cpapp

Default Toeside turning/edge catching

So I went out with my new board (Burton Clash) for the first time Saturday, but I had a few questions.
I can turn and stop on my heelside no problem. Toeside is a little tricky for me. I can turn toeside, but it is very gradual and not sharp at all. Ive taken a class before, but it wasnt very helpful and didn't teach me much. When I need to make a sharp toeside turn (maybe if someone fell in front of me) I would brake, then ride switch for a while. Im going out this Friday and hope to be able to make sharper turns by then.
The next problem I noticed while just finishing off a gradual toeside turn (if that helps at all). It seems that my toe/front toeside edge caught on some snow, and I wiped out. My board was pretty flat on the snow so I don't think it was my boot, but I have not detuned any edges before heading out. Should I? I also go to the park, but didnt notice any edges catching on the rails.
Also, coming from what seem unwaxed rentals, this board rips! Unbelievable how much I had to control my speed where as before if I turned at all, I was hardly going at all.

Last edited by Cpapp; 02-10-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Cpapp is offline   Reply With Quote