Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Burton Custom Flying-V Owners - some general tuning/config questions
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Teslatic

Question 2014 Burton Custom Flying-V Owners - some general tuning/config questions

I am a relatively new rider and I recently purchased a 2014 Custom Flying-V (160 cm) w/ Cartel EST bindings as my first board, and after taking it out for about 7 days total, I have some questions:

1. What are the default/factory edge angles?

2. Are there any special precautions/care that need to be taken when doing edge tuning with a flying-v shape, and the frostbite edges?

3. Conditions have been crappy (until very recently) in CA and UT where I've ridden it so far, and I had some trouble keeping the board stable at high speed on the hard pack. It was kind of "squirrely" and very loose. I also found the tail to be kind of "grabby", which in some cases seemed to cause me to wipe-out. Is there anything I can do tuning-wise to improve stability on the Custom F-V at high speed? Or is this probably a (lack of) skill issue?

4. I am 6' 2" and about 175 lbs naked. Should the binding stance ref points of this board be appropriate for me? Or should I extend them an inch or two?
Teslatic is offline   Reply With Quote