Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fake Snow Resorts
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
a4h Saint

Default Fake Snow Resorts

I think my area needs a summer training area, something similar to liberty university's snowflex park. I know there are 100 different materials that have been put together for this, but I hear snowflex is the best of the best. Most places that have snowflex or similar materials are in Europe, and are just making their way the US since our biggest camps have snow mid-summer. My area barely gets snow in the winter, much less summer, so I have an idea to maybe try and get something built around here. For design ideas, sizing requirements, and a rough draft on cost I would like to see how some of the European groups have their places set up. If you live near or know of some places that use synthetic material to simulate snow for summer park setups, please post names or link the sites below!

A side question to anyone who may know: these synthetic materials use water for lubrication, how do they hold up in the winter? Don't they turn into sheets of ice? Do places like this just shut down in the winter, or just turn of the water and pull out the blowers?
a4h Saint is offline   Reply With Quote