Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flexmeter Wrist Guards/Gloves
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nathaniel

Default Flexmeter Wrist Guards/Gloves

Hi guys, i've searched the forum and haven't seen anyone talk about these wrist guards at all.

YouTube - Flexmeter Wrist Guards

Snowboard protection, wrist guards and back protectors of Flexmeter and Spinemeter

They seem to be a lot better than the other wrist guards out there, has anyone on here got or tried on a set of those?

Does anyone know of some stores in the U.S. that stock them so I can check them out when i'm over there?

Also, I was thinking that the double splint version with some good gore-tex gloves would probably be best, or would you guys recommend going for the Flexmeter gloves with built in guards?
I've read you have to size up on the gloves usually to fit them over the guards, does this make grabbing boards and handling things a pain or doesn't really matter?

I also found this review on a UK board View topic - Review: Wrist Guards. :: Snowboard Club UK :: The Riders' Network

Those Dainese guards look decent too, they look a bit more rigid than the flexmeters, but I don't know if that's really a good thing.

Anyway, thought I would chuck a post up, keen for info, and figured if you guys didn't know about them you might want to check them out they do seem very good.
I'm not sure if you guys do it on here, but perhaps if enough are interested someone could do a group buy (someone who doesn't have 3 posts to their name ; D )

I did find this wholesaler (apparently ; D ) which lists them as $10-$30 with a minimum order of 100
Flexmeter Wrist Protection